Author Topic: wxWidgets Help  (Read 2837 times)

Offline Kivitoe

• Single posting newcomer
wxWidgets Help
« on: March 18, 2016, 11:26:38 pm »
I'm having trouble making a wxWidgets program. I've installed, cleaned, and compiled wxWidgets with the settings:
UNICODE=1
SHARED=1
BUILD=release

I've setup wxWidgets in Code::Blocks with the same settings but when I build my project I get the following in my console:

||=== Build: Release in Pike (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
C:\Users\****\Downloads\codeblocks-16.01-nosetup\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.9.2\include\c++\bits\c++0x_warning.h|32|error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.|
C:\Users\****\Code\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include\wx\strvararg.h|350|error: 'is_enum' in namespace 'std' does not name a template type|
C:\Users\****\Code\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include\wx\strvararg.h|354|error: 'is_enum' was not declared in this scope|
C:\Users\****\Code\wxWidgets-3.0.2\include\wx\strvararg.h|354|error: template argument 1 is invalid|
||=== Build failed: 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 2 second(s)) ===|

How do I fix this?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: wxWidgets Help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:36:02 am »
Probably this might help:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Compiling_wxWidgets_3.0.0_to_develop_Code::Blocks_%28MSW%29

NOTE: If you are building wx3.0.2 with GCC 4.9.x or GCC 5.x, you will get compiler error, thus a patch is need, see discussion here: Build C::B against wx3.02 with gcc 5.2 under Windows
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]