Author Topic: Boost libraries  (Read 4396 times)

lawina

Boost libraries
« on: January 15, 2006, 03:16:04 am »
God bless the soul who can bundle boost 1.33 for code::blocks.
The boost build seems to be running for ever..... :(

Can somebody tell me how long does it take to complete.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Boost libraries
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:16:45 am »
lawina, a successful Boost build can take in excess of 2 hours, depending on your processor and amount of memory. There are over 1600 targets if I recall correctly; boost.jam lets you know where it's at every 100th target. Let me assure, though, it's well worth it once you've managed to build it.

Cheers,
John E. / Twilight Dragon
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

takeshimiya

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 07:18:45 am »
What about the boost devpak?

spoofer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 12:17:02 pm »
I was also building boost and was wondering is there way to only build static-link release version of each library. I don't need debug and MinGW can't build multy-threaded libraries (or can only build them) AFAIK.
Also can I disable extra tags for names (I need only one version of each library, so there is no need for extra tags since I only use that one)?

Offline Yahp

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 06:25:13 pm »
I was wondering about the very same thing, spoofer. I have done some (mark my words) search on the web but found nothing more interesting than boosts own "getting started". Now I'm sitting at 2.7 Gig of libraries after building and installing the libs! However a small programm using boosts serialization built with C::B/MinGW works fine, so I can be happy after all ;-)

Does anyone know an active forum concerning boost since this seems not to be the right place to discuss such things at all?

Regards