Author Topic: unknown argument (xcode 5.1 bug?)  (Read 3687 times)

Offline sturik

• Single posting newcomer
unknown argument (xcode 5.1 bug?)
« on: August 06, 2014, 08:06:08 am »
Hello there,

I'm pretty new to programming and am starting to get into developing some musical software on OSX 10.9.3. I installed wxwidgets 3.0.2 and the latest version of codeblocks, and when attempting to build the workspace I am given the error message:

g++ -Wall -DUSE_TINYXML -DGCC  -g -mthreads -D_WIN32 -DDEBUG -D_LIB    -I/Users/HD/Documents/workspace/Synth_project/basicsynth/Include  -c /Users/HD/Documents/workspace/Synth_project/basicsynth/Src/Notelist/Converter.cpp -o debugi686/Converter.o
clang: error: unknown argument: '-mthreads' [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a warning) in the future

I have read on numerous boards (http://kaspermunck.github.io/2014/03/fixing-clang-error/) that this is a problem with xcode 5.1, but I am pretty new to coding and am unsure how to resolve this for codeblocks on OSX. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: unknown argument (xcode 5.1 bug?)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:58:43 am »
-mthreads is a windows gcc flag, how have you created the project? Does simple hello world project created from scratch works?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sturik

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:28 pm »
Ah, you're right. I neglected to mention I am using project built under Visual Basic called basicsynth (https://sourceforge.net/projects/basicsynth/). I am still wanting to use this project to learn how to build synth software. I see the file it has the problem with but I'm unsure what to change.

Offline sturik

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 06:40:34 pm »
Okay, it was because I was trying to build using Debug Win32. Computers truly are logic machines  ::). Thanks for pointing this out.