Author Topic: Replace Dialog  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Wahooney

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
Replace Dialog
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:34:24 pm »
Is any work being officially done on the Replace Dialog?

I am in the process of reworking the interface and I just want to know if someone in a more official capacity has already started making any changes for a future version?

Thanks.
Fabricati Diem, Celerata!

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Replace Dialog
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 04:51:28 am »
i'm not a dev, but i don't think anyone has anything major planned except bug fixing (check the bug list). what are you planning?

Offline Wahooney

• Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 06:57:52 am »
Basically streamlining the whole experience.

Primarily I would like to remove the second dialog the pops up after you click the Replace button and have the Replace, Find Next and Replace All options in the one dialog. The dialog will also be made non-modal The Replace in Files will also be removed and integrated into the one page and a button will be created next to each input field of the dialog allowing quick access to common RegEx commands. I was thinking that perhaps it will be useful to make the dialog dockable for those lonf Find and Replace sessions that sometimes happen.

Once all these changes have been made I will submit a patch to the main devs for integration into the SVN, if it proves worthy, and I hope everyone will benefit from the changes.

I'll post a screen shot of the proposed changes asap.

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 07:33:42 am »
Wahooney: the dockable find and replace dialog sounds nice. I'll be waiting for the screenshots :wink:

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 01:35:07 pm »
sounds great but... why don't you implement as a plugin first? might need to check whether the plugin architecture gives you sufficient access to the bits you need to hook into. you can certainly do the dockables

mitsukai

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:27:00 pm »
seems quite useless to me... i like it how it is now.
the replace dialog is very big, and when replacing its nice to see what u are replacing without the dialog on top of it.
so right now i think its perfect.

Offline kelo81

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 04:32:40 pm »
seems quite useless to me...

Not for me!, I really like Wahooney's idea!!

so right now i think its perfect.

The extensions is really nice as it, but far from perfect for me!, a lot of things may be improved, just by unifiyng the menu options "Search" and "Replace" will be more user-friendly I think.

Wahooney, you have a really nice project in your hands, keep it that way!!
Ezequiel Ruiz
Tango/04 consultant
www.tango04.com

Offline Wahooney

• Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 05:54:55 pm »
Ok, this is probably not going to fill you guys with hope, but I've hit a rather major snag...

How the hell do I compile Code::Blocks from the SVN source?

I open the codeblocks.cbp file, it asks for the wx Global Variable, and I point it to my wxWidgets2.6.3 folder. Up until this point it's all good, but when I compile it, it carries on alright until it hits this:

Code
-------------- Build: scintilla in Code::Blocks ---------------
Compiling: sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp
In file included from C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/defs.h:21,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/wx.h:15,
                 from E:\Online SC Projects\CodeBlocks\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp:9:
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/platform.h:196:22: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/platform.h:279,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/defs.h:21,
                 from C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/wx.h:15,
                 from E:\Online SC Projects\CodeBlocks\src\sdk\wxscintilla\src\PlatWX.cpp:9:
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:98:9: #error "wxUSE_DYNLIB_CLASS must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:106:9: #error "wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:114:9: #error "wxUSE_FILESYSTEM must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:122:9: #error "wxUSE_FS_ARCHIVE must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:135:9: #error "wxUSE_DYNAMIC_LOADER must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:143:9: #error "wxUSE_LOG must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:151:9: #error "wxUSE_LONGLONG must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:159:9: #error "wxUSE_MIMETYPE must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:175:9: #error "wxUSE_PRINTF_POS_PARAMS must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:183:9: #error "wxUSE_PROTOCOL must be defined."
C:/wxWidgets-2.8.3/include/wx/chkconf.h:225:9: #error "wxUSE_REGEX must be defined."
etc... etc...

The coding part is easy, getting the bloody thing to compile is a different story.

Thanks guys.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 08:51:30 pm »
Make sure the directory "C:\wxWidgets-2.8.3\lib\gcc_dll\mswu" exists. If it doesn't, you'll have to recompile the correct version of wxWidgets:
Code
cd \wxWidgets-2.8.3\build\msw
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Wahooney

• Demon Onion Slayer
    • wahooney.net
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:03:12 pm »
It's building! BUILDING! Oh, what a world!

Look out Code::Blocks, here comes the Wahooney  :twisted:

Thanks, TDragon!