Author Topic: Qt 5 on Codeblocks  (Read 10136 times)

Offline pikachu784

• Single posting newcomer
Qt 5 on Codeblocks
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:20:13 am »
Hello,

Does anyone know how I can install Qt 5 on Codeblocks?  I know about Qt Creator, but I don't want to use that IDE but want to stick to Codeblocks.  Are there any libraries I have to install?  If so, where do I get them?  How do I install them?  Can anyone just help me install Qt 5 in Codeblocks in General? Thanks.

Note: The reason I want Qt 5, is so that I can compile the GUI on mobile devices, I can't use Qt 4.

Offline pikachu784

Re: Qt 5 on Codeblocks
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 02:59:34 am »
Bump

Offline pikachu784

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 06:50:16 am »
Can anyone help?

Offline nasty_wolverine

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 11:19:04 am »
You will need the QT5 SDK, thats includes and lib files. You should ideally check their website on how to set it up. after that just point your codeblocks to where the headers and libs are, and start coding i guess. thats how all libraries work.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:23:46 am »
Are there any libraries I have to install?
If you want to use QT5 you will need QT5 libraries....
If so, where do I get them?  How do I install them?
duno... maybe the qt5 website?
Can anyone just help me install Qt 5 in Codeblocks in General?

never used qt, but you can search for help here:http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_What_do_I_need_to_know_when_using_3rd_party_libs.3F

is so that I can compile the GUI on mobile devices
i have no idea if it is possible to use c++/compiled programs on mobile devices... possibly you have to cross-compile, so you will have a lot of fun, because there you have to do all for your own. It is possible but if you are a complete noob and have for ex. no idea what cross compiling is, you will have a bad time... But if you are successful you can learn a lot, just don't expect many help.... a bit help can be found in the wiki...

greetings