Author Topic: Code::Blocks on Windows 7 and GTK+ Plus GIW Instrumentation Widgets  (Read 11216 times)

Offline KevinA

• Single posting newcomer
It's been awhile since I've done any programming so it was expected I'd have several issues to deal with, after my head exploded several times I RTM and Google'ed and found adding `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0` worked with tweaks, below are the tweaks;
FYI: The Wizard script needs updating, it is note setup to handle GTK+ 3 and it really should use pkg-config.

I downloaded codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe, gtk+-bundle_3.6.4-20130921_win32.zip, gtk+-bundle_2.24.10-20120208_win32.zip and installed Code::Blocks and un-zipped the GTK packages. I created a folder C:\gtk, added the contents from gtk+-bundle_2.24.10-20120208_win32/ and then modified my windows path and added c:\gtk\bin, I created a source directory in my Documents folder C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\GTK\programs then mapped it to a drive letter with: subst t: C:\Users\Kevin\Documents\GTK\programs , I created a map.cmd file in my Start up folder so every time I boot the drive gets mapped.

I ran Code::Blocks and used the Wizard to create a project, I added the files I am working with to the project and removed the main.c from the Wizard, I added;   
In other linker options:
`pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`
In "Compiler Settings" (Other Options)
`pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
In "Search directories"
t:\programs\plotter\

The source I'm working with is from http://sourceforge.net/projects/giw/