Author Topic: C:::B and Visual Studio 2013  (Read 4820 times)

LAPANADERIA

C:::B and Visual Studio 2013
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:28:03 am »
Hi everyone, I got to CB recognize my visual studio 2013 express installation; I followed all steps mentioned to install other visual studio versions;
My programs compile OK, Even linking process seems to be right; but at last stage I got the following messages:

LINK : warning LNK4001: no object files specified; libraries used
LINK : warning LNK4068: /MACHINE not specified; defaulting to X86
LINK : fatal error LNK1159: no output file specified
Process terminated with status 1159 (0 minutes, 21 seconds)
1 errors, 2 warnings (0 minutes, 21 seconds)

Linking message is:

link.exe /nologo /subsystem:windows /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\lib" /LIBPATH:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\lib" /LIBPATH:"‪C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64\"  /out:bin\Release\WinText00.exe C:\Gdi32.Lib  obj\Release\Main.obj obj\Release\Text.AddLine.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerBS.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerBSHScroll.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerCR.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerCRHScroll.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerDefault.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerDefaultHScroll.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerDefaultWrapLine.obj obj\Release\Text.CharHandlerSP.obj obj\Release\Text.obj obj\Release\Text.EraseLine.obj obj\Release\Text.Handler.obj obj\Release\Text.HScrollSwitchesMatch.obj obj\Release\Text.MaxNumLines.obj obj\Release\Text.PxCurrentLineWidth.obj obj\Release\Text.PxHeight.obj obj\Release\Text.PxMaxLineWidth.obj obj\Release\Text.PxSize.obj obj\Release\Text.PxWidth.obj obj\Release\Text.SetClientArea.obj obj\Release\Text.SetHScrollSwitches.obj obj\Release\Text.SetPxLongestLine.obj obj\Release\Text.SizeHandlerHScrollForward.obj obj\Release\Text.SizeHandlerWrapLineForward.obj obj\Release\Window.obj obj\Release\Window.WndProc.obj  

One of the compiler messages is:

cl.exe /nologo   /EHs   /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\shared" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Include\um"  /IC:\qwerty\WinText00 /c Window.WndProc.cpp /Foobj\Release\Window.WndProc.obj
Window.WndProc.cpp

I checked object files folder and all of them are there.

I also have an old P4 running WinXP with VS2003 and the same project runs and builds OK. (Similar compiler and linker ouputs).

I hope someone can bring some light to my issue.

Thanks in advance for your attentions.

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: C:::B and Visual Studio 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:48 am »
Decide now are you doing 32 bit or 64 bit!
Then, figure out how to tell the compiler which ones you are doing.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org