Author Topic: Code::Blocks settings for compiler/linker/…were reset to default without warning  (Read 8594 times)

Offline thor36

• Multiple posting newcomer
Yesterday, when I was checking out sample wxWidgets programs from internet tutorials, I created a few wxWidgets 3.0 projects in CodeBlocks 13.12. Although I had problems initially, I somehow made them to build and run successfully.

Today, none of the programs worked anymore. I found the reason for that is that all the settings for compiler / linker / etc. have been restored to default. To be precise in Project -> Build options , there are paths missing in "Linker settings" and also in "Search directories" ( Compiler, Linker, Resource compiler ).

My question is, can I restore the settings back in any way ? And also, how is it possible for this to happen ? Or prevent this from happening again in the future ? Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 03:26:00 pm by thor36 »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
The main and only reason that has ever happened for me; is when CB Crashes instead of being shut down normally.
Therefore no idea on what to fix the problem.

You can look in the appdata folder in some cases it saves a copy of the changes before renaming the file.
(No idea if valid in this type of problem.)

FYI: Changing the search directories in the Global Compiler settings is almost always the wrong thing to do!
Changing them in the project setting is the normal thing to do.

Edit: In my case this is the folder holding "C:\Users\stahta01\AppData\Roaming\codeblocks" the default.conf that contains the Compiler Settings. Your username will be different; and the above is Windows 7 32 bit path.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 04:39:28 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline thor36

• Multiple posting newcomer
Thank you for the answer Tim. File in AppData didn't help, but it's a good thing to know it is there. I suppose there was something about the pc shutdown with C::B still being open, that must've caused it,... based on your observation.

Maybe that's an idea for a fix in future versions ? It would be nice if project saved ( or autosaved ) "build options" settings as well, in case of occurrences like that.