Author Topic: Programs aren't working when built and run.. please help  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Jess38

• Single posting newcomer
Programs aren't working when built and run.. please help
« on: February 10, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »
I'm new to c++, I'm in a intro class for it at my uni currently but I'm having problems figuring out codeblocks. I downloaded it like last month and it worked fine.
Today when I go to use it, I build and run my programs and then open, but they show nothing.

They just say for example:
Process returned 19686322969 (0x7556F489) execution time : 0.036 s
Press any key to continue.

I've even tried running the programs I build last week that worked fine and now they won't work.
We were instructed to download the codeblocks with mingw in it, so I've literally downloaded everyone one for windows and installed it and tried it, I've restarted my computer I don't know how many times. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have a project due soon and it's a bit hard to do if the program isn't doing what I need.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Programs aren't working when built and run.. please help
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:00 pm »
You likely have a bad MinGW GCC installation.

First, try rebuilding the current project and see if it works.

Please read these directions/FAQs!

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

Standard things to Check.

1. Reboot Windows, it fixes some weird problems.
2. Verify you DO NOT have a MinGW or MinGW32 folder in the drive root folder.
(If you do; then ONLY that MinGW Installation might work because it overrides the other ones.)
3. Try turning off or doing the proper settings on your Virus scanner.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jess38

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Programs aren't working when built and run.. please help
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 09:25:41 pm »
I've tried rebuilding it does nothing, I've tried new projects even they don't work.
I've unistalled, restarted, then reinstalled many times. I can't find any signs of another MinGW file on my computer other than in the codeblocks folder.
I temp turned off my virus protection just to see if that would cause anything, it didn't change anything.

I don't know what else to do or try.