Author Topic: Android App  (Read 54529 times)

Offline jhewitt3476

• Single posting newcomer
Android App
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:08:13 pm »
Look, I love Code::Blocks more than anything, but I can't always take a laptop where I go, in fact, due to size limitations, I rarely can, I need some major "Pocket Power", I have tried all the Android/Kindle Fire apps there are and the "online" compilers are even worse !!! Is there any chance in heck that you could make a fully functional version as an app ??? I'm sure everyone would pay for such help with no second thought, free would be nice, but me, I would gladly shell out several more on my annual (tax rebate time) donations !!!

(Btw, I did search the forums and did not find any related material, if I put this in the wrong forum please notify me of the correct one :) , thank you all)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Android App
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 09:33:44 pm »
You want to run C::B on a phone?
I don't think this will be possible any time soon.
First someone should finish the wxAndroid port, then someone should have to port C::B to wxAndroid.
Then test it on a device to see if it really work works.
And then someone should modify the UI to fit to the smaller screen space and the touch input.

Too much work for too little benefit.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline jhewitt3476

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:36:16 am »
Well I was just looking forward to something that could at least be better than even the pay for compiler apps, I'm just so happy with the product as is, I'd like to have a miniaturized version for away missions. I knew the work it would have taken to make a version such as, it was just a thought, the future is getting smaller & smaller, Android is being used in more things, it's only inevitable that a version would be beneficial if sold for only $3-$5, it doesn't seem like much, but with Code::Blocks popularity & superiority to even some pay For's, the intake + donations combined would offset further development of regular C::B & an app, but just a thought.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 11:37:27 am »
Keep in mind that C::B project doesn't develop or build any compilers. If you don't have a native compiler that works on Android, then C::B has no chance to work on it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline jhewitt3476

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »
There are compilers for Kindle fire/Android, but as I said, they all suck, little to no useful tools and the online ones are even worse, I don't have a phone, but a Kindle Fire, and find it very handy for many of the things I do, it was just a thought

Offline Smirftsch

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:37:18 am »
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1645182

seems its possible after all - well to run gcc at least ;)

And I am running CB on my Pandaboard, which is currently OpenSuSE12.3 Linux on an Dual-core ARM A9 without any problems as well. I'd say it COULD be done, but I have honestly no clue about the necessary work to make it an App :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 08:58:32 am by Smirftsch »