Author Topic: Compiles fine but Arduino Builder gives Error code:1 Error generating HEX file  (Read 10338 times)

Offline cgriffin

• Single posting newcomer
I run codeblocks and as long as I select new project and build the example or my project straight away, it works when I try to push it to the Arduino. However if I save the project and reopen it I get "Error code:1 Error generating HEX file" from Arduino Builder.   Even when using the code that compiled and went fine when codeblocks was first launched. 

I'm using GNU AVR compiler and codeblocks 12.11 on a windows 7 machine.   Like I said everything works fine until I try to upload to the Arduino but only for saved projects.  New projects will work and the hex is sent properly but just once.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Are you sure the uploader is finishing correctly and thus releasing the lock on the hex file?
Can you delete it in the explorer?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline cgriffin

• Single posting newcomer
Yes it seems to,   I actually figured out a workaround.  This only happens when Arduino Builder is launched from within codeblocks.  If I launch the two independently both work as advertised.  I am satisfied now that I have a workable solution.