Author Topic: Code blocks not saving perspective exactly as i have it and text size issue  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Chay Hawk

• Multiple posting newcomer
Ok so in CB i have my workspace set up like this:

http://screencast.com/t/trHJlktR

And every time i close code blocks it tells me the perspective has been changed and if i want to save it and i say yes but it never saves the two editing windows, every time i restart it it looks like this:

http://screencast.com/t/Z4CJlTUI2

How do i make it so it always opens like the first picture? its really annoying having to re organize my project every time.

Another issue is that every time i make a new .cpp file or .h file, or any file in general the text is always 2 sizes to small, i always have to hold ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel to change the size, is there any way to change that so its the size i want when i open it?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:36:45 am by Chay Hawk »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
How do i make it so it always opens like the first picture? its really annoying having to re organize my project every time.
Unfortunately this is a limitation of the API we're using (wxAUI) and I think it can't be implemented at the moment.

Another issue is that every time i make a new .cpp file or .h file, or any file in general the text is always 2 sizes to small, i always have to hold ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel to change the size, is there any way to change that so its the size i want when i open it?
Settings -> Editor -> General -> Font -> Choose
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Chay Hawk

• Multiple posting newcomer
"Unfortunately this is a limitation of the API we're using (wxAUI) and I think it can't be implemented at the moment."

Thats too bad :( will there be an option for this anytime soon or in the near future?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
If it is implemented in wxWidgets (not before wx3.2) and we switch to wx>2.8 .
So surely not in the near future.

This is something that can only be done inside wxWidgets, not by any workaround in C::B's code unfortunately.

It can be saved (I have a patch for this), but it's not possible to regenerate it.