Author Topic: Running Project exe under Windows 7 CB SVN 9156  (Read 5118 times)

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Running Project exe under Windows 7 CB SVN 9156
« on: October 01, 2013, 05:58:23 am »
Question about Running Project exe under Windows 7 CB SVN 9156.

I have a workspace with two project in it.

I just noticed a weird thing and wondered it it is just the way CB works or a Bug.

1. I Activate Project 1 and re-build it.

2. I do "Build" -> "Run" and Project 1 runs.

3. I Activate Project 2.

4. I do "Build" -> "Run" and Project 1 runs. (Should Project 2 run at this time or not?)

Edit: It really does not matter to me; which is the right answer; but, I thought that was NOT what I thought would happen.

Tim S.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:00:15 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Running Project exe under Windows 7 CB SVN 9156
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:43:54 am »
The active project should run. Are both projects an application projects or one is app and the other is lib, setup to run the app?
Have you looked at the build log to see if the correct project it being run?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Running Project exe under Windows 7 CB SVN 9156
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »
The active project should run. Are both projects an application projects or one is app and the other is lib, setup to run the app?
Have you looked at the build log to see if the correct project it being run?

Found out the cause; still not sure if bug or not. I have decided it was User Error on my part.

The exe names was accidentally exactly the same.

I save-as the second project; and changed the source code names; but, forgot to change the output filenames.

Tim S.

Good run after fixing
Code
-------------- Run: Release in TestProductionCode2 (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: F:\Unity-master\examples\bin\Release\TestProductionCode2.exe
Executing: "C:\GreenApps\CodeBlocks-NB/cb_console_runner.exe" "F:\Unity-master\examples\bin\Release\TestProductionCode2.exe"  (in F:\Unity-master\examples\.)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 2 second(s))

-------------- Run: Release in TestProductionCode (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: F:\Unity-master\examples\bin\Release\TestProductionCode.exe
Executing: "C:\GreenApps\CodeBlocks-NB/cb_console_runner.exe" "F:\Unity-master\examples\bin\Release\TestProductionCode.exe"  (in F:\Unity-master\examples\.)

Bad run after breaking it; I think it was clearly user error in this case; sorry for the false alarm.
Code
-------------- Run: Release in TestProductionCode (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: F:\Unity-master\examples\bin\Release\TestProductionCode.exe
Executing: "C:\GreenApps\CodeBlocks-NB/cb_console_runner.exe" "F:\Unity-master\examples\bin\Release\TestProductionCode.exe"  (in F:\Unity-master\examples\.)
Process terminated with status -1073741510 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))

-------------- Run: Release in TestProductionCode2 (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Tim S.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:14:03 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org