Author Topic: Using Ubuntu and I'm new to Code::Block, I need help with this.  (Read 7744 times)

Offline newode27

• Single posting newcomer
Hello guys!

So basically I'm learning C Programming and currently using Code::Block. I find it to be the best IDE for running coding C/C++. I like it because its very easy to use and works the same with DevCpp on windows.

Okay, I have two concerns, first is the console window, as you can see it's very small, I can barely see the fonts because it's too small. My question is that, how do I modify the console windows to adjust its window size as well as it's font size to make it bigger. I hope you guys can help me with that.

Second is that, I'm using the version 10 which is not the latest version of Code::Block. So how can I update it to the updated version? I'm using Ubuntu 12.04

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Using Ubuntu and I'm new to Code::Block, I need help with this.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 12:10:59 pm »
For 12.11 working on Ubuntu 12.04 you can use pasgui's repo: https://launchpad.net/~pasgui/+archive/ppa/

The terminal to use can be set in "Settings -> Environment -> General settings -> Terminal to launch ..." .
Default is xterm, I personally prefer gnome-terminal and use the following settings:
Code
gnome-terminal --disable-factory --hide-menubar -t $TITLE -x

To chose other font or initial size, you have to use the appropriate settings for the terminal-emulator of your choice.
For some terminals you can even load a special config-file just for the use with C::B.

The exact command depends on the terminal-emulator you use (of course).

Offline newode27

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 02:09:20 am »
Sorry sir. But I have no idea what you're saying, I just dive into Linux out of curiosity. So currently I have no any experience using the terminal. Also what I knew is just using .deb and I don't know how to update code::block using those pagui's repo.

Second I don't see this in settings "Settings -> Environment -> General settings"

Offline newode27

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 03:32:58 am »
I just found the settings. I thought you refer to the system settings in ubuntu. So yes I input that code and now I'm using gnome-terminal.

Thank you very much sir!