Author Topic: codeblocks with Mingw question before i install it.  (Read 3547 times)

Offline ramidavis

• Single posting newcomer
codeblocks with Mingw question before i install it.
« on: January 27, 2013, 12:55:00 am »
In the version of code blocks with mingw included, is mingw installed in a way that i can use it seperate of codeblocks?
Or would i be better off installing mingw from the official homepage, and then installing code blocks? ???

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: codeblocks with Mingw question before i install it.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 01:13:39 am »
Yes, it should be possible.

Keep in mind that older versions (I don't know if this is still true) of mingw had X:\mingw hard-coded (X is any of the drives), so if you have another version of mingw in X:\mingw installed the mingw compiler supplied with the cb's installer won't work.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 01:19:26 am »
But this would be the same for all MinGW compilers, if another one is installed in x:\mingw.

If you want to install  a seperate compiler anyway (C::B installs it below its installation folder, and this can not be changed as far as I know):
we use (and ship with) the MinGW from http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/.

zabzonk

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:13:24 am »
I have several versions of MinGW (three TDM, one MingWBuilds, and a few others) installed on my Windows box - no problems using them either from the command line or from C::B.