Author Topic: custom "make" commands broken in SVN rev 1581  (Read 5090 times)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
custom "make" commands broken in SVN rev 1581
« on: December 22, 2005, 06:37:28 pm »
i just noticed that SVN rev 1581 doesn't use the custom "make" commands when a project is set up to use them.

instead of using the the command which is specified in the
Project->BVuild Options->"Make" commands->Build project/target

it reverts to the compiler-parents-settings defaults
for example : make -f makefile $targetname  if gcc-compiler was the parent of the specific custom compiler-settings.

this worked properly with my last SVN rev. 1577

cheers, tiwag

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: custom "make" commands broken in SVN rev 1581
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 06:55:04 pm »
In r1581 the build chain was redesigned to use a state machine. I committed it as soon as it was able to build sucessfully using the built-in method. I haven't even tested the build for makefile-based projects so it is possible that they 're broken now. I will fix it though, just be a little patient :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: custom "make" commands broken in SVN rev 1581
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 07:12:25 pm »
thx Yiannis

i'm patient -  as always  :)  - please take my reports just a that what they're intended to be - reports, nothing else.

When i find some suspicious behaviour or real bug in one of the latest SVN commits, i do post it here in the SVN version Issues Board.
I try to be as accurate as possible in my description how the behaviour can be produced (as i like it when i get reports regarding software i'm responsible for)
or which other (side-)effects i did notice, in order to help you with my description to find the reason as quick as possible.
I don't expect that you solve these issues immediately.

When there is no reaction about a few days long - i am used to post it at sourceforge.

btw. i could post nearly each single day a hymn about your bugfixes and feature enhancements ...
hence a big T H A N K   Y O U   ! ! !
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:24:08 pm by tiwag »