Author Topic: selfcompiling c::B  (Read 2510 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
selfcompiling c::B
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:38:50 pm »
Hello everybody,

I just downloaded the latest svn8640 and compiled it on an OpenSuSE 12.1 x64. It works like a charm. But when I try to open the c::b project (unix workspace) and try to compile c::b it compiles alright, but doesn’t link. It gives out a flood of warnings all of them the same:

Code
||warning: /home/fri/Programmieren/cb_svn/trunk/src: linker input file unused because linking not done|

Yes, I looked in the forum and found nothing really related, also searched in internet. But I can't seem to find what I am missing. My own projects compile and link fine just like always. The svn and c::b installation are on a clean system, the first time c::b used on that machine.

Could anybody give me help here, please?
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: selfcompiling c::B
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:25 pm »
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »
Thanks for the answer,

also it didn't really help me. I failed to state that I do have the full log enabled and I do have seen the option -c stopping the process after compilation and not linking it.

My fault obviously for not being clear, sorry...

What I don't know is where that option comes from. And why is it there in the first place in the c::b workspace itself, not put there by me. And I looked through the options of c::b but I can't seem to find where it is set or taken out.

Regards

EDIT: just forget the above. the -o option is set too! I don't know enough of this to really understand what I'm missing...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:31:07 pm by frithjofh »
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:36:27 pm »
here is one block of the output:

Code
g++ -Wshadow -Winit-self -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wswitch-enum -Wswitch-default -Wextra -Wall
/home/fri/Programmieren/cb_svn/trunk/src -Ulinux -Uunix -I/usr/lib64/wx-2.8-wxcontainer/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8
-I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread  -Winvalid-pch -fexceptions -fPIC -DCB_PRECOMP -DcbDEBUG
-I../../../include -I../../../sdk/wxscintilla/include
-c /home/fri/Programmieren/cb_svn/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/DoxyBlocks/Config.cpp
-o ../../../.objs/plugins/contrib/DoxyBlocks/Config.o
g++: warning: /home/fri/Programmieren/cb_svn/trunk/src: linker input file unused because linking not done

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:42:58 pm »
OK, solved, problem just vanished. Had to do with paths on my machine apparently. I was so busy looking for some faulty setting that I did not put the brain to work.

Sorry for the noise.