Author Topic: Plugin Installation : Oh the agony!  (Read 2759 times)

Offline razzledazzle

• Single posting newcomer
Plugin Installation : Oh the agony!
« on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:01 am »
Lol yeah...
Code::Blocks is pretty awesome, wanted to make it even better so I thought of getting some nice plugins.
Well, I found out that it wasn't so convenient. I am new to SVN and all, however, I got TortoiseSVN which for some reason wouldn't let me browse, it would crash as I would enter the link (probably that the link is from WebSVN). I manually acquired the files, as for the start I chose the EditorTweaks plugin. Sadly it wouldn't complile as one of the header file is missing (configurationpanel.h), maybe more I didn't check.
So may I be helped on this matter? From SVN to compilation.
A nice plugin downloader could've been better, I guess this is how the community prefers? :P

By the way, the link for SVN is hard to find. It was within one of the plugin documentation.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:23:32 am by razzledazzle »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Plugin Installation : Oh the agony!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:00:41 am »
There are a lot of pages helping you to develop C::B plugins.
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

So, what have you done?

Mainly you should download the whole C::B trunk code, and build the SDK and core plugins. Then other plugins.

See:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Category:Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline razzledazzle

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Plugin Installation : Oh the agony!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:10:25 am »
Thank you for your reply. I'll check that now.
By the way, does Code::Blocks come with wxWidgets library? I think that might be the problem.. :-\
Silly me, sorry for your time. It seems the instructions are there (some SVN instructions as well), I didn't bother to check because I thought it would only be regarding Code::Blocks installation. Oh the shame!
 ;D

I'll try them out and post here the outcome.  8)

Edit: I got all the plugins, again I tried building EditorTweaks, it still didn't work, some of the header files and definitions were missing. Need help.
Here is the shot of my Global Variables Configuration:

Reinstalled codeblocks to a different directory (C:\Codeblocks).
I moved wxWidgets library there as well and set directories as explained in the "build plugin" documentation.
configurationpanel.h is nowhere to be found, but I can see a configurationpanel.cpp file. I don't know whether I should modify it or not.
Really need some help. :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:41:11 pm by razzledazzle »