Author Topic: Saving the .exe files  (Read 8598 times)

Offline Jc6828

• Single posting newcomer
Saving the .exe files
« on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »
Hi, Could you tell me please where I set the choice of where C::B saves .exe files as it doesn't seem to save them in the same folder as my .cpp and cbp files but opens a directory called 'outputting' in the parent directory which my project is in.

Sorry it's such a basic (?) question but I have looked everywhere I can think of and can't find a choice anywhere.

zabzonk

Re: Saving the .exe files
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:25 pm »
Project|Properties...|Build Targets. Then you specify the path  and executable name in the Output Filename: edit.

Offline Jc6828

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:48 pm »
Ah I see, so you hve to set it differently every time, I was rather hoping it would automatically save it in the directory the .cpp and .cbp files were in.

Thanks anyway.

zabzonk

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:33 pm »
> I was rather hoping it would automatically save it in the directory the .cpp and .cbp files were in.

Mostly, you don't want that, as you will have several different build targets (Debug and Release for example), and you want the executables  for the different targets to be put in different places. Putting the executable in the same directory as the .cpp files would only really work for very simple projects.