Author Topic: wrong Warning report  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Freem

• Almost regular
wrong Warning report
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:18 am »
There is a warning line signaled as an error by C::B, and another is just not signaled (it's "mother").
The warnings following that are the good ones, are correctly parsed and are related to previous informations.

In that copy of my log, the "required from here" statement is signaled by C::B as an error, and the "In instantiation of" is just not signaled.
Code
-------------- Build: Debug in autorealm (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

g++ -std=c++0x -Wall -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-2.9 -I/usr/include/wx-2.9 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__   -std=c++0x -pg -g  -std=c++0x   -I../src -IrenderEngine  -c /home/berenger/autorealm/src/gui/MainFrame.cpp -o ../obj/debug/gui/MainFrame.o
/home/berenger/autorealm/src/gui/MainFrame.cpp: In instantiation of T* getProvider(pluma::Pluma&, const string&, const string&) [with T = PluginProvider; std::string = std::basic_string<char>]:
/home/berenger/autorealm/src/gui/MainFrame.cpp:101:142:   required from here
/home/berenger/autorealm/src/gui/MainFrame.cpp:45:4: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
/home/berenger/autorealm/src/gui/MainFrame.cpp:49:3: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
Output size is 2,13 MB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 26 seconds)
1 errors, 2 warnings (0 minutes, 26 seconds)

I think the error and the non detected informations should not be considered as warnings or errors, but another category. They are important and should be present in build messages, but not signaled in compiler final error/warning count.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: wrong Warning report
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:41:03 pm »
You need to edit the compiler configuration on messages for GCC 4.7; they added new messages.
I wait till the CB Devs do it. I am not good at the syntax required for the filters (regex stuff).

Tim S.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:43:25 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org