Author Topic: I think I might be retarded...  (Read 6996 times)

Offline eanema

• Single posting newcomer
I think I might be retarded...
« on: January 24, 2012, 06:54:59 am »
OK, so I've been using code blocks for some time and I really like the IDE. I was looking at the spell checker plugin (http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=SpellChecker_plugin) and seems to be exactly what I want...

BUT

there is no download link?! Where can I get this plug in from?! I must be some sort of slow...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: I think I might be retarded...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:51:10 am »
From the nightly builds or from SVN.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline eanema

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:00:21 am »
I've just downloaded (http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/codeblocks-10.05-1debian-src.tar.bz2) and installed from source codeblocks 10.05 but I don't see any mention of the spell checker plug in. Are you positive that this is where the source lives? I also don't see any mention of the plugin within the codeblocks

thanks for the help

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline eanema

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »
Hrm... OK,
I didn't think it would matter if I used the SVN version, but either way, I just installed SVN 7730 and there seems to be no mention of the spell checker plugin. here's a list of the plugins directory, ~/Desktop/codeblocks/trunk/src/plugins:
abbreviations
astyle
autosave
classwizard
codecompletion
compilergcc
contrib
debuggergdb
defaultmimehandler
headerguard
loghacker
Makefile
Makefile.am
Makefile.in
modpoller
openfileslist
projectsimporter
scriptedwizard
tidycmt
todo
xpmanifest

there is nothing in here that sounds like a spell checker, there is also no mention of the spellchecker within codeblocks, nor is there any spell checking going on in my comments... any ideas where I can get the spellchecker plugin?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 12:07:09 am »
What about contrib/SpellChecker?
Please learn to use the search tool of your file manager!
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline eanema

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:24:04 pm »
Found it!

But now when I try and build it I receive an error message. Any thoughts on what the problem is and how this might be fixed?

Making all in wxspellchecker
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/me/Desktop/codeblocks/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/SpellChecker/wxspellchecker'
/bin/bash ../../../../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../../src/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread  -I./include -I./.. -I../../../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include  -Ulinux -Uunix  -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF  -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -DHUNSPELL_STATIC -MT HunspellInterface.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/HunspellInterface.Tpo -c -o HunspellInterface.lo `test -f '../HunspellInterface.cpp' || echo './'`../HunspellInterface.cpp
libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../../../src/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I./include -I./.. -I../../../../../src/sdk/wxscintilla/include -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -DCB_AUTOCONF -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -DHUNSPELL_STATIC -MT HunspellInterface.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/HunspellInterface.Tpo -c ../HunspellInterface.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/HunspellInterface.o
../HunspellInterface.cpp:19:33: error: hunspell/hunspell.hxx: No such file or directory
../HunspellInterface.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int HunspellInterface::InitializeSpellCheckEngine()’:
../HunspellInterface.cpp:66: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct Hunspell’
../HunspellInterface.h:46: error: forward declaration of ‘struct Hunspell’
../HunspellInterface.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int HunspellInterface::UninitializeSpellCheckEngine()’:
../HunspellInterface.cpp:75: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:
../HunspellInterface.cpp:75: warning: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct Hunspell’
../HunspellInterface.h:46: warning: forward declaration of ‘struct Hunspell’
../HunspellInterface.cpp:75: note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.
../HunspellInterface.cpp: In member function ‘virtual wxArrayString HunspellInterface::GetSuggestions(const wxString&)’:
../HunspellInterface.cpp:203: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct Hunspell’
../HunspellInterface.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool HunspellInterface::IsWordInDictionary(const wxString&)’:
../HunspellInterface.cpp:224: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct Hunspell’
../HunspellInterface.cpp: In member function ‘virtual wxString HunspellInterface::GetCharacterEncoding()’:
../HunspellInterface.cpp:458: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct Hunspell’
make[1]: *** [HunspellInterface.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/Desktop/codeblocks/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/SpellChecker/wxspellchecker'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Offline eanema

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 03:26:25 pm »
also, is there any build instructions around somewhere? The readme doesn't have anything about compiling...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 03:30:49 pm »
If I remember correctly, building it against 10.05 won't work.

Why don't you install a nightly build?
What distro are you using?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 04:34:12 pm »
also, is there any build instructions around somewhere?
As it uses relative paht's (as you see from the log) it mus be at the right folder / position (under "contrib") and/or you need fix the path setup (compiler / linker include paths).

But surely you could also just try a nightly. 10/05 is ooooold.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline eanema

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 05:23:57 pm »
Thanks for the response,
I AM using a nightly build - SVN 7730. 10.05 was my first attempt, I downloaded vis SVN the entire project and the above compile errors are what happens when i 'make' inside the contrib/spellchecker directory

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »
Do you have the development-package for hunspell installed on your system ?

Offline eanema

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »
OK, thank you all for your help. I've figured out what I was missing from the beginning... stupid mistake based on not finding the build instructions

run ./configure --with-contrib-plugins=all
NOT ./configure

I was previously attempting to run 'make' in the plugin's root directory