Author Topic: explorer context : build , rebuild  (Read 6839 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
explorer context : build , rebuild
« on: December 07, 2005, 05:07:18 pm »
Just an idea, can these be in a CodeBlocks submenu ???
So the context does not get to much cluttered ?

Lieven

PS : this is a super cool feature

takeshimiya

Re: explorer context : build , rebuild
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:12:40 pm »
Ok, there must be some conection between developers because I was thinking of the same... Or perhaps Code::Blocks needs are equal to most of us :)

In any case you want to know how to do this, here is a perfect real example used by wxChecksums on a Shell Extension for Explorer: http://wxchecksums.sourceforge.net/ShellExtForWindows/

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 05:30:19 pm »
Hmm... that needs a completely different approach, though (if I understand correctly).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 05:40:35 pm »
Ooh, I hadn't noticed those! Cool 8).
That might explain why C::B told me my C/C++ files weren't associated with it anymore: the associations didn't include these items yet? Might want to make that message a bit clearer, because I don't think of project files when I think of C/C++ files ;).

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 05:46:54 pm »
Now that C::B have batch builds from console it shouldn't be too difficult to include this.

You'll just call codeblocks --build/--rebuild and so on when over a .cbp/.workspace/.cpp

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:55:04 pm »
The funny (actually scary) thing is that these two are not included in the check at all! I've only piggybacked them onto the existing associations which are needed anyway (and which are the only ones that are checked)
There are things between Windows and the Registry that nobody is able to explain...

Anyway, I fail to understand that approach with the submenu. From what I see, you register some kind of UID to some folder rather than a commandline, and this folder contains shortcuts to your program ("item identifier list for the folder that contains the item whose shortcut menu is being displayed") -- whatever it is, I am not able to understand it, and neither can I find out how other submenus on my system (for example the one by TortoiseSVN) are made. There seem to be no folders or shortcuts that refer to any of the menu items anywhere on the filesystem.
Best not touch something you don't understand... ;)

Now that C::B have batch builds from console it shouldn't be too difficult to include this.
Umm you know, this has been done already ;)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:58:17 pm »
this batch-build is simply GREAT !!! thanks a lot for this cool feature !!!

takeshimiya

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 06:08:03 pm »
Umm you know, this has been done already ;)
Errm... I was talking about this as this->Topic thread.:lol:
Just calling with the new batch build commands from the context menu.

Besides that, the code provided here explains (with the code itself) how to do all of this.

Or as you cited... Tortoise, WinMerge, 7-zip, ... there are a lot of places to look which does more or less the Explorer context thing.

I just want to note in case you didn't knew, that for all of this functionality you must create and register in windows a DLL extension for Explorer, for this purpose.
So yes, Explorer supports and uses plugins.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 06:16:01 pm »
Just calling with the new batch build commands from the context menu.
That's what we have since the day before: http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/codeblocks/trunk/src/src/app.cpp?op=diff&rev=1453&sc=1&all=1

Besides that, the code provided here explains (with the code itself) how to do all of this.
That was the one I looked at, far too complicated, too much Windows voodoo.  :)

takeshimiya

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 07:13:03 am »
Ah, I see.

Yes, to much Windows voodoo. =)