User forums > Help

ld.exe cannot find -lfreeglut

<< < (3/5) > >>

JackDawson:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 05, 2011, 02:39:32 pm ---I've read your tutorial or glanced at it!

Can you tell me why glut.cbp is needed?

--- End quote ---

Yes if you open up your C::B and then click create new project, it will show up all those pretty icons. One of the ICONS is Glut. That is actually talking to your Wizard File. Its what sets up your first perimeters when your creating the project. The Glut.cbp file is whats sets up your libraries for your project. Without that file, your project becomes an empty project. You need that Glut.cbp to point your dependencies to the right libraries.

EXAMPLE : Create a new project with Glut. Then in the folder where you saved your project, is where that file gets renamed too. So lets say you named your project BUBBA. Well in that folder you saved it too, it saved a file in there named BUBBA.cbp. Well that Glut.cbp info is in there. The reason again is because its telling the IDE what dependencies your using. Glut.cbp is just a template file that gets renamed into each project.

oBFusCATed:
It doesn't work at all on linux, so I can really test it.
But I don't have glut.cbp on my hard drive.

But Jens is still right in his comment. And your tutorial shouldn't have been written but a patch for glut's template should have been made!

JackDawson:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 05, 2011, 03:26:15 pm ---It doesn't work at all on linux, so I can really test it.
But I don't have glut.cbp on my hard drive.

But Jens is still right in his comment. And your tutorial shouldn't have been written but a patch for glut's template should have been made!

--- End quote ---

Hahaha your the one who encouraged me to make the tutorial.. LMAO

As for it to be a default, I TOTALLY agree, there should be a Glut and a FreeGlut option. But there is not. Its why the tutorial was made in the first place.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: JackDawson on December 05, 2011, 03:29:34 pm ---Hahaha your the one who encouraged me to make the tutorial.. LMAO

--- End quote ---
Link or it didn't happen? As far as I can see, I've only told you how to login in the wiki.

searcher:
@JackDawson.
Yes I did edit the other file (with notepad) – no problems. I don’t quite understand why I can’t edit a cbp file in CB editor however, I did edit the glut.cbp in notepad as you suggest. Now when I try to open glut.cbp using CB I get : SCR1
Now if I press O.K. I get: SCR2

Finally , I cannot close this except by pressing  CntrlAltDel and using the task manager.
If instead of messing with the above I try the simple console program “Hello World” I’m back to the error message that I started this thread with.
Don’t know if any of this helps – but I do appreciate the input.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version