User forums > Help

ld.exe cannot find -lfreeglut

<< < (4/5) > >>

Jenna:

--- Quote from: searcher on December 05, 2011, 04:47:40 pm ---@JackDawson.
Yes I did edit the other file (with notepad) – no problems. I don’t quite understand why I can’t edit a cbp file in CB editor however, I did edit the glut.cbp in notepad as you suggest. Now when I try to open glut.cbp using CB I get : SCR1
Now if I press O.K. I get: SCR2

Finally , I cannot close this except by pressing  CntrlAltDel and using the task manager.
If instead of messing with the above I try the simple console program “Hello World” I’m back to the error message that I started this thread with.
Don’t know if any of this helps – but I do appreciate the input.

--- End quote ---
I think you did not really read the tutorial.
It tells you how to modify the glut-template, so it uses freeglut instead of glut.

You should not open the templates cbp-file directly, but create a (free)glut-project with the wizard, that ues the edited cbp-file.

By the way:
you can open a cbp-file (Code::Blocks projectfile) in C::B's editor if you use a recent version (aka nightly build) and open it via the FileManager plugin.
The normal way for C::B is to read the content of a cbp-file and open the project accordingly.

JackDawson:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 05, 2011, 03:58:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: JackDawson on December 05, 2011, 03:29:34 pm ---Hahaha your the one who encouraged me to make the tutorial.. LMAO

--- End quote ---
Link or it didn't happen? As far as I can see, I've only told you how to login in the wiki.

--- End quote ---

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,14967.0.html

This is the link. As I said you encouraged me along with Olly. However if you only "Glanced" at that thread at the time it was being written, I can see why you would think you were only helping with the Wiki. However the way it came across on that thread you were encouraging me to write it as well since that was the Gist of the conversation during that time.

Your killing me with this Glance stuff bro.. lol

JackDawson:

Yes I did edit the other file (with notepad) – no problems. I don’t quite understand why I can’t edit a cbp file in CB editor however, I did edit the glut.cbp in notepad as you suggest. Now when I try to open glut.cbp using CB I get : SCR1

Finally , I cannot close this except by pressing  CntrlAltDel and using the task manager.
If instead of messing with the above I try the simple console program “Hello World” I’m back to the error message that I started this thread with.

--- End quote ---

I am going to repeat one line you said :

"I don’t quite understand why I can’t edit a cbp file in CB editor however"

I never said edit it in CB. As my tutorial states, you have to use notepad. And you edit both files using notepad.

EDIT : Jens mention something that might be of interest to you :

"You can open a cbp-file (Code::Blocks projectfile) in C::B's editor if you use a recent version (aka nightly build) and open it via the FileManager plugin."

JackDawson:

--- Quote from: jens on December 05, 2011, 09:42:29 pm ---

Finally , I cannot close this except by pressing  CntrlAltDel and using the task manager.

--- End quote ---
I think you did not really read the tutorial.
It tells you how to modify the glut-template, so it uses freeglut instead of glut.

You should not open the templates cbp-file directly, but create a (free)glut-project with the wizard, that ues the edited cbp-file.

By the way:
you can open a cbp-file (Code::Blocks projectfile) in C::B's editor if you use a recent version (aka nightly build) and open it via the FileManager plugin.
The normal way for C::B is to read the content of a cbp-file and open the project accordingly.

--- End quote ---

You the MAN !! Thank you. I am looking forward to see the Extra Option of FreeGlut in the ICON list. Both the Glut and FreeGlut should be there. I totally agree. I will be looking forward to that in a future version. Thank you thank you thank you.

oBFusCATed:
JackDawson:
Hm, I don't think Jens is going to add freeglut template to C::B.
Why do you think he is going to do so?
I've re-read his post couple of times and there is nothing mentioned about that.

If you want us to add the template, you should provide a patch against HEAD of trunk!

p.s. Please don't quote the whole previous message, including the quote. The idea of quoting is to highlight a part of the message you're answering to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version