Author Topic: GDB Python pretty printing with Code Blocks  (Read 5903 times)

Offline vikas.mishra

• Single posting newcomer
GDB Python pretty printing with Code Blocks
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:20:39 pm »
Hello,

I have installed CodeBlocks nightly (2nd April version) along with MinGW build from http://code.google.com/p/qp-gcc/wiki/GDB. I am trying to debug a basic C++ program with STL vector class. When I turn on the watch window, it isn't showing the STL vector variable correctly.

The declaration of the STL Vector object is :

>>
vector<string> ret;
>>

The watch window shows this as
>>
ret = Couldn't find method std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>..."
>>

This is shown in the attached the screenshot file attached.

When I enable "Display Debugger's log" and I use "p ret" in the window, it shows the result I expect. This is also shown in debugger_window.png screenshot. The debugger's log file is also attached.

Could someone help me identify what's wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikas

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline vikas.mishra

• Single posting newcomer
Re: GDB Python pretty printing with Code Blocks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 04:09:36 am »
Thanks for your help. Problem is solved. I didn't realize that there were pretty printers inside Code::Blocks as well that were needed to be disabled. I disabled them and it is working as I expect.

Thanks for your help.

PS : I apologize about not having a recent thread or searched about this. I did read the thread that you pointed out, but obviously not carefully enough. It must have been quite late in the night here. :-)