Author Topic: fltk-config ignored ??  (Read 4162 times)

Offline dfatcb

• Multiple posting newcomer
fltk-config ignored ??
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »
Hello,

Got something driving me nuts.  Setup an fltk project in codeblocks on linux debian.  Simply two line program added to the project, main.c removed, go in to build options and modify the fltk-config lines created by codeblocks to include the full path to a test build of fltk on an ntfs drive via shared folders in virtualbox.   So basically looks like: '/media/sf_shared/pcpgmr/fltk/branch-1.3-no-changes/fltk-config --cxxflags' and same for the linker settings (but using --ldstaticflags).  Try to build the project and it seems ot ignore what fltk-config would output and trying to used the installed version of fltk (when I first did it, fltk-config wasn't working due to the EOL character so I converted with fromdos and now correctly outputs when running from a terminal box).   To confirm no typos, I copy/paste lines in codeblocks to terminal and gives back correct locations/etc..  Same thing.  So adding the search path for compiler to the test version of fltk then worked, however when it came time to compile, same thing, can't link due to undefined reference.   It's clearly not running or getting the fltk-config output.  How can I fix that or at least get verbose output of what code::blocks is doing / getting???  FWIW, I have another project using another fltk branch that works fine, when I want to test, I just add full path to test folder fltk-config, and that gets built, remove, goes back to installed version. 

TIA!!!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dfatcb

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: fltk-config ignored ??
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:53:12 pm »
I had tried before and didn't show much of anything other than g++ -o filename.o or something like that .. well, so now, virtualbox crashed so had to restart, now I go in, made the change, rebuild, all built fine, so I take it it was something with shared folder and virtual box or caching or something....  I've had code::blocks act up once before and I exited it, started again, and it worked.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: fltk-config ignored ??
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:39:44 am »
All the backtick options are cached, so they are executed only once per running Code::Blocks.
This is an optimization. :)  And most of the times it works as expected.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]