Author Topic: [bug report] Inactive code color  (Read 8426 times)

Offline humjack

• Single posting newcomer
[bug report] Inactive code color
« on: April 20, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »
Inactive code (via General Settings->"Interpret #if,#else,#endif to grey out inactive preprocessor-code") uses the "Default" Syntax Highlighting.  This makes it less obvious at first glance that it is inactive code (black for me).  Considering the option says "grey out" I think this is a bug and the inactive code should be grey (or better yet, added as a syntax-highlighting option).

I am a new user and have only tried this out on the latest nightly build:

svn build rev 7075 (2011-03-31 19:53:04) gcc 4.5.2 Windows/unicode - 32 bit

Offline niblettr

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: [bug report] Inactive code color
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:51:59 am »
I've noticed that sometimes the highlighting between active and inactive code works 80% of the time, the other 20% in back to front.

e.g.
#define ID_USE_EEPROM  // this in a header file

source file :-
#ifdef ID_USE_EEPROM
   kID = NonVolatile_read16(EEPROMADDRESS_ID_BASE);                 // << break point is set and hit here but code here is highlighted inactive
   tID = NonVolatile_read8(EEPROMADDRESS_ID_BASE + 4);              // << break point is set and hit here but code here is highlighted inactive
   flgs = NonVolatile_read8(EEPROMADDRESS_ID_BASE + 8);              // << break point is set and hit here but code here is highlighted inactive
   crc = NonVolatile_read32(EEPROMADDRESS_ID_BASE + 12);           // << break point is set and hit here but code here is highlighted inactive
#else
   kID = IDContainer.kitID;                                                           //this code appears active but it is NOT because I have #define ID_USE_EEPROM in a header file
   tID = IDContainer.txID;                                                            //this code appears active but it is NOT because I have #define ID_USE_EEPROM in a header file
   flgs = IDContainer.flags;                                                           //this code appears active but it is NOT because I have #define ID_USE_EEPROM in a header file
   crc = IDContainer.crc;                                                             //this code appears active but it is NOT because I have #define ID_USE_EEPROM in a header file
#endif

svn build rev 8549

Offline mrbi11

Re: [bug report] Inactive code color
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:52:01 pm »
Inactive code (via General Settings->"Interpret #if,#else,#endif to grey out inactive preprocessor-code") uses the "Default" Syntax Highlighting.  This makes it less obvious at first glance that it is inactive code (black for me).  Considering the option says "grey out" I think this is a bug and the inactive code should be grey (or better yet, added as a syntax-highlighting option).

I am a new user and have only tried this out on the latest nightly build:
I agree this is a bug. The settings allows the default background to change for inactive code,
but all the other types which say inactive with background "default" do NOT in fact follow the changed default.
How do I know I changed the default inactive?
Because it says "default (inactive)" but it doesnt apply as the default anywhere.

Offline mrbi11

Re: [bug report] Inactive code color is wrong more than right
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:56:59 pm »
The #if preprocessor active/inactive is my application is right maybe 10% of the time and wrong the rest.
Is there a way to say refresh yourself and update the active/inactive state?
Why does it ignore defines in the project in other files, with the

Interpret #if, #else ... checked
Collect defines from project file checked