Author Topic: Re: create new type of project in codeblocks  (Read 7996 times)

Offline sihema

• Single posting newcomer
Re: create new type of project in codeblocks
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:51:33 am »
hi.
i have codeblocks 8.0.5 in my ubuntu lts 10.04 .i'd like to reconfigure codeblocks in its file default.conf for a default configuration of the compiler and debugger settings.
so i'd like to create a template contains all the classes i need to my future projects with the convenient settings of libs,linker settings,directories of the compiler and debugger without reconfigure every new project.
i find that must set the file of default.conf of codeblocks but i don't know how.
so please if someone have a solution can help me i will be grateful.thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:25:10 am by sihema »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: configuration codeblocks par défaut
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:54:33 am »
so please if someone have a solution can help me i will be grateful.thank you in advance.
You can try cb_share_config and see if this fits your needs. It's provided with every nightly and the official installer.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline sihema

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 03:00:26 pm »
Thank you MortenMacFly for your responce and i solved my problem.
Now my boss in work ask me to do a new template which must be available when i open codeblocks and creates a new project i must find my template to choose it as a new type of project .
but i don't know how i do that.
so please MortenMacFly i need your help.thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:25:45 am by sihema »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: configuration codeblocks par défaut
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 03:09:44 pm »
Set up a basic working project and save it as user template with "File -> Save Project as template ...".

Offline sihema

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:10:27 am »
thank you jens ,but i didn't mean that ,i know how create a template but i'd like to create a new type of project which can appears in the list of the types of project when we would to create a new project .let me explain i  created an Ogre project then i like to let this project to be a template appears in the list of types of projects even we would to create a new project to choose it to begin with if we like to create another ogre project .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:26:08 am by sihema »

Offline sihema

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:14:17 am »
For example when i open a new project i choose a console project ,so here i like to choose my proprer project and not the console project .
so i like to find it like that.i hope you undrestand me .
thanks.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:26:26 am by sihema »

Offline sihema

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:23:06 am »
so jens have you an idea please.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:26:40 am by sihema »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28:41 am »
If you have saved your basic project as user template, you can go to "File -> New -> Project" (or click "New project" on the starthere-page).
On the left side chose "User templates" instead of "Projects", chose your template and follow the steps to create a new project from it.

Offline sihema

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 11:49:18 am »
yes jens i know that but my boss in work likes to find my template as an icone appears in the list of project when i click"create new project"  to choose the template then the window of "new from template " appears which i must find the icon of my template.
under /usr/share/codeblocks/template i add my template and also under  /usr/share/codeblocks/template/wizard  i don't know how i set the file wizard.script, i dont know what i'm doing  is right or not.
please if you have other way or idea or you know how modifying the file "wizard.scripts" help me and i will be grateful and happy.  :(

Offline sihema

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 01:19:19 pm »
jens i don't know if you have another information to help me about.
and thank you for your responces.

Offline codeur

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Code::Blocks EDU-Portable
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:36:54 am »
Sihema, your boss seems to be asking for addition of  new project wizards to the Code::Blocks projects page and is not satisfied with having user templates.
That is possible, but would require much more work than providing user templates.

If he thinks that this is important enough for him, he will have to factor in some costs. These involve allocating you the time you need for studying how Code::Blocks implements projects and wizards and getting familiar with squirrel scripting and the Code::Blocks API to implement the additional project types.
Depending on the types of libraries that you want to use, the implementation can vary from trivial to very time consuming.

Just make sure your boss understands these costs. If he does, and really wants you to do this work, then start by looking how various other project wizards, like wxwidgets, Win32GUI, etc.. are implemented.

Offline sihema

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 10:19:17 am »
thank you codeur .that solved my problem.i just followed the other project how are implemented then i apply that to my own template and that worked fine .
thank you for all who participates by his responses. :)