Author Topic: confusion in build messages  (Read 3124 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
confusion in build messages
« on: February 01, 2011, 12:06:43 pm »
Hi everybody,

I recently upgraded my OS to SuSE 11.3 coming with gcc 4.5. I work with self compiled c::b from svn, currently 6949. Everything works fine except the strange output of the build messages, see attached image.

The compile runs correctly, there are 39 warnings given out, but the last line with the summary changes warnings for errors and vice-versa. Sorry for the output being partly in German.

It's not really very important, but confusing on the first glance.

Regards

frithjof

PS: how do I insert an image directly into the post? I tried the image tags and a link to the image in between, but in the preview it didn't show up?
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: confusion in build messages
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:17:13 pm »
Did it work before ?
If yes your regexes do no longer fit the (german) warning messages or are lost.

See here for a simple workaround: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9489.msg67127.html#msg67127

Instead of "en_US.UTF-8" a simpls "C" might also work.

Regex that should work for german and english compiler warning:

Code
([][{}() \t#%$~A-Za-z0-9_:+/\.-]+):([0-9]+):[ \t]([Ww]arn[iu]ng:[ \t].*)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
Re: confusion in build messages
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:20 pm »
Thanks for the help. I changed the according regex by applying the [iu] range to all output containing the word warning. Everything now works as it should.

Regards

frithjof
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100