Author Topic: Code completion - header following?  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Sindisil

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code completion - header following?
« on: January 06, 2011, 07:18:50 am »
So, I'm somewhat stoked, as I've finally gotten completion of Allegro5 functions working with the latest nightly (6906).

However, I'm a bit confused. I had assumed that, if I had the four options at the top of the C/C++ parse tab in the Code Completion settings page enabled, C::B code completion parse would automatically parse any included headers to stock the CC database.

However, that didn't seem to work for me.

Once I added the main allegro5 headers to the list of "headers to parse up front", though, everything seems to work OK.

My concern is that the list is global, not per project, so, as I add libraries (I'm evaluating SDL 1.3 and Allegro5 right now, along with C::B, as I'm getting back into game programming at home as a diversion from my day job of embedded storage network device mgmt coding), I'll see the CC engine bog down.

Anyway, is this how it's supposed to work?

Regardless, C::B is really starting to come along! I use several environments in my day job, from vim over an ssh session to VS2005 & VS2008, and C::B is looking more and more competitive! Thanks for all the efforts!