Author Topic: Code::Blocks success stories  (Read 3556 times)

Offline ixfd64

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Facebook
Code::Blocks success stories
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »
Have you ever been in a situation where Code::Blocks helped you complete a big job or get out of a jam? Post your stories!

Here's mine:

I recently took a class on algorithms at UCSC. The professor assigned five programming projects, three of which had to be done in C. I had never programmed in C before, so the class was pretty difficult at first. My father suggested that I use an IDE, so I downloaded Code::Blocks.

Although I still had to learn C from scratch, Code::Blocks definitely made it a lot easier. I'd say that Code::Blocks definitely helped me save dozens of hours!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:20:43 pm by ixfd64 »

Offline natescham

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks success stories
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:22:39 pm »
I feel your pain man when it comes to learning C. The major battle sometimes isnt learning the syntax or which header files to use,
but to find a good, free open source IDE. Such as Code Blocks. C::B differented helped speed up my progress of learning C a few years back.
My favorite apect of Code Blocks yself is all the compilers it supports and OS's and etc.

Btw, if you are Only learning o working on C programming, try out PellsC.
It's a great and easy to set up IDE for just C programming.

I still like my Code Blocks better though, but try out other free open source IDEs and you will really appreciate Code Blocks lol.
Plus the online wiki and ofurms and help is great.

Unlike old school Dev-C++ Bloodshed or whatever that old free IDE used to be. It was ok but support for it died off.

Btw, what compiler and linker and debugger did you decide to use when you learned C?

Offline Zadirion

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks success stories
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:43:11 am »
I think Code::Blocks is the best free alternative to Visual Studio. And it's THE way to code if you are working on a project for release on multiple platforms.

Success story? Well, Code::Blocks saved me from using Eclipse as a C++ IDE, so I'd count that as a success.
Until my project becomes a success, that's all the success I have to report for now.