Author Topic: 10.05 rebuilds project every time  (Read 4974 times)

Offline rogster001

• Single posting newcomer
10.05 rebuilds project every time
« on: November 29, 2010, 12:50:39 pm »
Hi all,

Any advice here? I installed 10.05, however an FLTK project i am working on rebuilds every time, even if it is up to date
It did not do this in 8.05 and all i did was copy the folder over to the new installation codeblocks 10.05 folder.

I admit i have not yet checked this with other projects, i just wonder is it a known issue??

My build time is about 15minutes so its a major hassle and i am going to use makefiles if i can't fix it, or roll back the version.

The object files are generated and all project settings seem to be exactly as with other projects, i never really tinker there apart from linking libraries.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: 10.05 rebuilds project every time
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:19:13 pm »
Check if the modification times of .o file and .h/cpp files are correct.
.o files should be newer than the source, otherwise C::B/the compiler thinks that there are changes in the source and rebuilds them.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rogster001

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:55 pm »
Ok thanks, i will have a look,  if that was the case how would i remedy it though? access the object files somehow before doing the next build so that they are sure to be ahead?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:30:00 pm »
Delete them or use the touch equivalent command for your OS.
Also check the executable or any output files generated by the build.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rogster001

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 01:43:29 pm »
i checked, all the .o files are ahead and timestamped within a few seconds of each other. I might jsut delete the object files anyway and try again, also i will consider new project and add new files and copy contents from old files into new project files, have already done a reinstall also.

~I will note that when i changed my dictories path for the compiler to "/mingw/include" it seemed to work as normal, it was pointing to fltk13/include but then i had to move my FLTK headers into the mingw include folder as mingw/include/FL and then the problem returned.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 04:20:53 pm »
i checked, all the .o files are ahead and timestamped within a few seconds of each other. I might jsut delete the object files anyway and try again, also i will consider new project and add new files and copy contents from old files into new project files, have already done a reinstall also.

~I will note that when i changed my dictories path for the compiler to "/mingw/include" it seemed to work as normal, it was pointing to fltk13/include but then i had to move my FLTK headers into the mingw include folder as mingw/include/FL and then the problem returned.
Check the modification time of your sourc-files also, if they are in the future a rebuild will always be made.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 04:34:06 pm »
Maybe the same cause as in this thread: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13739.msg92578.html, possible solution (without using third-oparty software): http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13739.msg92578.html#msg92578

Offline rogster001

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 05:39:10 pm »
thanks for help
Check the modification time of your sourc-files also, if they are in the future a rebuild will always be made.

i think i just realised what mught be going on..my system time is messed up i could not be bothered setting it corerctly some time ago and its out by years, i will fix that , rebuild and everything should be tickety boo...i hope!

Offline rogster001

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 10:13:52 am »
The problem is resolved, updated system time, fixed! cheers ;->