Author Topic: Message for the Maintainers (and Slight Bug Report)  (Read 3043 times)

mikery

Message for the Maintainers (and Slight Bug Report)
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:27:33 pm »
Bang up job on getting the Code Completion plugin working well again. On windows, where I am stuck with using 10.03 Code::Blocks, I have to turn off Code Completion because it slows down the IDE to the point where it is just a burden to use (sluggish editor input). However, on Linux where I can successfully build the SVN (6752), the IDE finally runs normally (at least as far as I can tell, even with CC disabled the IDE sometimes decides to be a butt and acts sluggish on editor input [that's the slight bug report btw]). And what's more, the Code Refactoring options you have added worked flawlessly for the test I did (which involved changing the symbol name of a member variable across multiple files). Such a refactoring would have been an absolute pain in the ass had the feature failed somehow. :D

However, where the feature did fail was in resolving the scope of a function name. I have two singleton classes that have their references returned by a function called I. When I tried refactoring the name of one (just as a test), it refactored the occurrences of both. :?

Anyway, I have been using Code::Blocks ever since I started college and I absolutely love it. Kepp up the good work guys.

Offline Loaden

• Lives here!
Re: Message for the Maintainers (and Slight Bug Report)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:10:42 pm »
However, where the feature did fail was in resolving the scope of a function name. I have two singleton classes that have their references returned by a function called I. When I tried refactoring the name of one (just as a test), it refactored the occurrences of both. :?
Like this?
Code
class A
{
public:
    int test();
};

int A::test()
{
}

class B : public A
{