Author Topic: failed, nothing to be done  (Read 4090 times)

Offline bala_48225

• Multiple posting newcomer
failed, nothing to be done
« on: October 15, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »
Hi, I am: Windows XP SP3, CodeBlocks, MingW, and the following message appears in the Logs & others window whenever I try to manually compile a given .cpp file using ctrl-F9 or ctrl-shift-F9, then when I press F9 it just runs the latest version of the .exe file before changes:

Compiling: ai.cpp
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wall  -g     -c "C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\'My' Source Files\SDL projects\saucer4\ai.cpp" -o obj\Debug\ai.o' in 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\'My' Source Files\SDL projects\saucer4' failed.
Nothing to be done.

idk what happened, but I did install and then uninstall something earlier and waited before restarting to send an email...what gives?  BTW I did restart a couple of times since that problem occurred, and still that message when I try to manually compile a given .cpp file. -B

P.S. I wonder if the space between the -g and the -c has something to do with it?  Things were going fine before.  Btw I always use the IDE, no experience with command-line.

---addendum P.P.S.
This worked fine in command line:

g++.exe -Wall -g -c "C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\'My' Source Files\sdl projects\saucer4\blitting.cpp" -o "c:\program files\codeblocks\'my' source files\sdl projects\saucer4\obj\debug\blitting.o"

any ideas on how to get the IDE compiler to spit that out instead of the one with the spaces?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 11:27:51 pm by bala_48225 »

Offline bala_48225

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: failed, nothing to be done
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:34:13 am »
Re-installation seemed to work fine. :) especially after I did a recovery to earlier settings
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:43:57 pm by bala_48225 »