Author Topic: Need help with compiler issues  (Read 5146 times)

CameoCool

Need help with compiler issues
« on: September 27, 2010, 11:48:40 pm »
Hi guys. I am on mac, and i am currently using code::blocks as a compiler for C++ applications. I am having problems, though. When i try to compile a program, instead of terminal popping up with my application, a message appears at the bottom under build log:

"Bob - Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

Why isn't it working? Did i do something wrong under the setup? Here is a pic of the settings:

Is that what it should look like?
Sorry, i'm a new at this kind of stuff.

P.S. Its a console application.

Offline kencamargo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Need help with compiler issues
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:44:42 am »
Hi guys. I am on mac, and i am currently using code::blocks as a compiler for C++ applications. I am having problems, though. When i try to compile a program, instead of terminal popping up with my application, a message appears at the bottom under build log:

"Bob - Debug" uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!]. Probably the toolchain path within the compiler options is not setup correctly?! Skipping...
Nothing to be done.

Why isn't it working? Did i do something wrong under the setup? Here is a pic of the settings:

Is that what it should look like?
Sorry, i'm a new at this kind of stuff.

P.S. Its a console application.

That is not where the toolchain is set, check "Settings|Compiler and Debugger", and then the tab "Toolchain executables". Make sure you have gdb (the gnu debugger) installed. See if the "Debugger" option points to a valid debugger.

And as per forum rules, do search the forums before asking, lots of people have asked precisely that just in the past week...

Ken

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]