Author Topic: Code::Blocks won't install on Ubuntu  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Wander

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code::Blocks won't install on Ubuntu
« on: August 08, 2010, 12:23:32 pm »
Okay! Weird problem!

I'm running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. I downloaded the Debian package. I can't figure out how to download and install the wxwidget or whatever its called.

Important note for Ubuntu users: To be able to use the Debian packages on Ubuntu Karmic Koala (9.10) and Lucid Lynx (10.04) you have to use the wxWidgets packages from apt.wxwidgets.org, because the packages provided by Ubuntu are not compatible with the ones from wxwidgets.org. Alternatively you can use the Ubuntu repo provided by our user pasgui.

I visited that website, but there is no download link. This is my first time using Linux, so maybe there is some terminal crap I'm supposed to do, but I don't get it. Please help.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::Blocks won't install on Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:31:19 pm »
You have to add pasgui's repo to apt's sources list. Then you should be able to use it via your package manager.
If you want to use the (debian) packages from our download site, you have to add the wxwidgets repo toapt's sources list and use their wxwidgets libs instead of the official ubuntu versions.

Offline Wander

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:59:17 pm »
Okay, but my problem is.... how do I get all that stuff. The page that the website had me on to download wxsmith had no download links.

Offline kencamargo

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:25:35 am »
Okay, but my problem is.... how do I get all that stuff. The page that the website had me on to download wxsmith had no download links.

If you are using Ubuntu, please go to the ubuntu website and read about how to set up repositories and how to use synaptics (or the command line alternatives) to install/update packages. This is basic Linux/Ubuntu stuff and definitely not within the scope of these forums. As for the download links, they are available on the wiki.

Ken