Author Topic: WishList  (Read 4161 times)

neocortex

WishList
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:37:37 pm »
Hi, im much new to codeblocks but i like it so far,

i used vsc++ for a too long time.

but there are some feature lacks for rapid dev. hope you dont mind

- cut, copy, paste are one mouseclick too far away (Edit popup sub menu)
- i cant multiselect files and drag/drop them to virtual folders at once within the projects management tab
- i cant always rename files within virtual folders within the projects management tab
- i cant add files from -> to a virtual folder directly within the projects management tab

- i cant add the symbol browser as tabpanel to the management
- the symbolbrowser should be seperateable in 2 windows (tabs)
- or it should be possible to view all symbols in the maintree by opening treechildren
   (if you know what i mean, sry for my english :-) )

thx and keep the fantastic project going

cya

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: WishList
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:00:55 pm »
ctrl+c,v,x are even faster :)
I think this won't be change because, there are too much items in this menu.

- i cant add the symbol browser as tabpanel to the management
Please explain better or show us screenshots. As you can see on this screenshot it works: http://www.codeblocks.org/images/stories/imagebrowser/cb_debugging.png

The other suggestions seems reasonable....
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline dasfoo

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:24:28 am »
ctrl+c,v,x are even faster :)
I think this won't be change because, there are too much items in this menu.

I'll point out that two things.

1) Everywhere else cut, copy, paste, is on the first right click menu.
2) I have tendinitis in my left hand from doing ctrl+c,v,x.

Two other wish list things.

1) At least on Ubuntu the syntax highlighting color for comments is light gray which is hard to read with 47 year old eyes.

2) Somewhat like the man above who has used visual studio for too long, I've used Programmers Notepad for too long.  The specific feature that I think it implements well and is worth copying is the way that it displays it's 'find in files' results.  As a window with a list of the file, line number, and line where the text occurs.  Clicking in a line opens the file at that line.

This is nice because if you want to see where something is used and then quickly poke through the program to see how it is used. Visual Studio and eclipse (spit) do something similar.  Eclipse is annoying because it won't search for anything not in the current project.

Maybe this is implemented somehow, but if it is, it's not obvious.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:42:39 am by dasfoo »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:11 am »
You can change the comment color to fit your needs in "Settings -> Editor... -> Syntax highlighting".

What you miss about search in files is implemented in the ThreadSearch-plugin, and what's more (as the name said) it searches in an own thread and does not block the IDE.
If it is installed (not bey default if you use windows I guess, and in contrib-plugins package on linux), you can call it via right-click on a word and choose "Find occurences .." or directly via toolbar or from the ThreadSearch-frame (either free-floating or docked somewhere or inside the "Logs & others" pane).

mariocup

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:10:16 pm »
Hi,

please see the manual http://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html at section "1.11.9  Select modes in editor" to see the different supported paste types in Code::Blocks.