Author Topic: Building issues in Code Blocks  (Read 2843 times)

Offline el max

• Single posting newcomer
  • C++, greatest language ever++
Building issues in Code Blocks
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:14:29 am »
Good evening everbody, im new in this CB forums, and first than all i greet you pals.
My problem, is, that when i just finished to instal my 10.5 CB, and i am ready to work. I create a little example program, like Hello world, but, then when i press F9, nothin happens.
The strange point, is that the old programs that i ever compiled, respond when i use the run option.
Thereafter, new programs that need to be build first just no respond.
I uninstall CB and cleaned the register of my XP Home Edition, OS. However, this doesn´t work at all, the problem persists.
im kinda rookie with CB, cuz i use to program using Dev C++ IDE, but i realized some succesfull programs before, in CB. Thats, why im kinda concerned with the whole thing.
All the problem started a day that a fellow of mine use, preciselly, Dev C++ in my computer.
Thanks a lot, i hope you can help me,
Thanxxxxxx¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
The greatest purpose of human existance, is his extraordinary creative capability,<br />live without regrets.....<br />el max

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Building issues in Code Blocks
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:59:32 am »
My problem, is, that when i just finished to instal my 10.5 CB, and i am ready to work. I create a little example program, like Hello world, but, then when i press F9, nothin happens.
Please give us a whole build log, see
2.14 Q: How do I troubleshoot an compiler problem?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline el max

• Single posting newcomer
  • C++, greatest language ever++
Re: Building issues in Code Blocks
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 12:58:35 am »
Thanks a lot Ollydbg for watching my post¡¡¡, actually i fixed the problem,
you see it was a very silly mistake,
in the compiler options -> linker settings, i just adjusted the direction of the compiler library´s, cuz at the very beginning my CB was in a USB memory,
im sorry i disturb ya, but, it was really concerning me, jejejej
im actually learning Open GL, usin CB as my IDE.
Thanks a lot¡¡¡¡¡¡
el max
The greatest purpose of human existance, is his extraordinary creative capability,<br />live without regrets.....<br />el max