Author Topic: The compiled application needs the <name>.exe.Manifest to work properly :(  (Read 5361 times)

rhino

Hi, last time I've noticed something that I didn't see before.
I used the "Windows XP Look'n'Feel" plugin to generate a manifest file to make my application use the new Windows-based controls.
I was sure the manifest file is needed only for the compilation, but I was wrong.
When I navigated to <project>\bin\Release I saw two files: the executable and another one, name.exe.Manifest. When I run the application from its original directory, where the Manifest file is, the XP-styled controls show up. But when I copy the executable to some other place, I see the old, ugly, square-styled controls.
As far as I remember, my applications compiled in Dev-C++ (that also used MinGW by default), didn't need any additional files to work well with the new-styled controls.
Please help me - is there any way to put the manifest file into the executable?
Because I don't like when my program is divided into several files, I prefer to have everything in the executable (the resources etc.).
EDIT: I've opened my old Dev-C++ project and I looked into the <name>_private.rc file.
A line like this was there:
Code
1 24 "name.exe.Manifest"
so I created an x_private.rc file like this one and put there the following code:
Code
1 24 "bin\\Release\\server.exe.Manifest"
Now I can copy the executable wherever I want to and it works, but it still isn't comfortable - the plugin should do this work for me, I think.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 11:57:30 am by rhino »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
The source is out there -> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/codeblocks/trunk/src/plugins/xpmanifest/?rev=6346#_trunk_src_plugins_xpmanifest_
If you're too annoyed by this problem you can fix it yourself and provide a patch :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
You could try this.

Best regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music