Author Topic: CB suddenly stopped working  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Nochin

• Single posting newcomer
CB suddenly stopped working
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:27:09 am »
I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, and I downloaded and installed Code::Blocks with no problem at all. I wrote C++ programs, they were built and compiled beautifully...all was right with the world. I then tried to install a new project template wizard for the OpenFrameworks library I often use. The instructions to install it had me edit the global registration script with the following line within the RegisterWizards() function:

Code
RegisterWizard(wizProject,     _T("openframeworks"),           _T("OpenFrameworks"),          _T("2D/3D Graphics"));

I then went to restart Code::Blocks and it wouldn't start. It would just freeze at the splash screen and would eventually hang and I would get the Microsoft prompt to search for a solution, etc. I figured it was no biggie and that the wizard installation somehow screwed up my Code::Blocks, so I would just uninstall and grab a fresh copy. I reinstall a new copy of the same version I was using before, but to my surprise, it still hangs at the splash screen. So now I'm completely confused. I tried removing every trace of the program (and even all of the files from the project template wizard I tried to install) but nothing seems to work. I've uninstalled and re-installed Code::Blocks dozens of times now. Is that global registration script still lurking somewhere, or is there any way this problem is not related to that whatsoever? I'm so confused, and sad too, because I really loved Code::Blocks and want to continue using it for my C++ development. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: CB suddenly stopped working
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:49 am »
What about deleting your configuration files from AppData?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Nochin

• Single posting newcomer
Re: CB suddenly stopped working
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 04:48:22 pm »
That worked beautifully. I remembered that data like that was stored somewhere in hidden files, but couldn't remember where. That fixed the problem, and I'm back up and running again. Thanks again!