Author Topic: cannot find -latls : Somebody can help me ?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline PopCode

• Single posting newcomer
cannot find -latls : Somebody can help me ?
« on: April 02, 2010, 06:37:26 pm »
Hello,

I'm quite newbie with building program.
I want to build reactivision under windows xp sp2.
I use codeblocks + mingw.
When i build i have this message:

Code
Linking console executable: .\reacTIVision.exe
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -latls
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

I can find anything on this... :(
any idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: cannot find -latls : Somebody can help me ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:58:40 pm »
Read the CB's manual, then the FAQ ( http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ especially 2.15)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline PopCode

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »
Hi,

Thanks a lot for answer me.
I have read the FAQ, i don't have take the time to read the CB documentation, but i'm doing this today.
I'm really newbie to Code Blocks :-/
I have activated the full command line option.
This my new error report :

Code
-------------- Build: Release Win32 in reacTIVision ---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -L.\dslib -L.\sdl\lib  -o .\reacTIVision.exe Release\common\CalibrationEngine.o Release\common\CalibrationGrid.o Release\common\CameraEngine.o Release\common\CameraTool.o Release\common\DtouchFinder.o Release\common\FidtrackFinder.o Release\common\FidtrackFinderClassic.o Release\common\FiducialFinder.o Release\common\FiducialObject.o Release\common\FileCamera.o Release\common\FingerObject.o Release\common\FolderCamera.o Release\common\FontTool.o Release\common\FrameEqualizer.o Release\common\FrameThresholder.o Release\common\Main.o Release\common\MidiServer.o Release\common\ObjectAnalyzer.o Release\common\PortVideoSDL.o Release\common\Resources.o Release\common\RingBuffer.o Release\common\SFont.o Release\common\TuioServer.o Release\ext\libdtouch\fiducialdata.o Release\ext\libdtouch\fiducialrecognition.o Release\ext\libdtouch\ragbuilder.o Release\ext\libdtouch\region.o Release\ext\libdtouch\regionadjacencygraph.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\dump_graph.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\fidtrack120.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\fidtrackX.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\segment.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\threshold.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\tiled_bernsen_threshold.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\topologysearch.o Release\ext\libfidtrack\treeidmap.o Release\ext\oscpack\ip\IpEndpointName.o Release\ext\oscpack\ip\win32\NetworkingUtils.o Release\ext\oscpack\ip\win32\UdpSocket.o Release\ext\oscpack\osc\OscOutboundPacketStream.o Release\ext\oscpack\osc\OscPrintReceivedElements.o Release\ext\oscpack\osc\OscReceivedElements.o Release\ext\oscpack\osc\OscTypes.o Release\ext\portmidi\pm_common\pmutil.o Release\ext\portmidi\pm_common\portmidi.o Release\ext\portmidi\pm_win\pmwin.o Release\ext\portmidi\pm_win\pmwinmm.o Release\ext\portmidi\porttime\porttime.o Release\ext\portmidi\porttime\ptwinmm.o Release\ext\tinyxml\tinystr.o Release\ext\tinyxml\tinyxml.o Release\ext\tinyxml\tinyxmlerror.o Release\ext\tinyxml\tinyxmlparser.o Release\DSlibCamera.o  Release\reacTIVision.res   -lDSVL -lSDL -lSDLmain -latls -lmsvcrt -lcpmt -lws2_32 -lwinmm
C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -latls
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

I have installed Autoversionning plugins too...

Maybe this post could be more clear to you... maybe i need to read and learn the full documentation :)
Excuse me for my relative ignorance concerning code blocks, but sometimes you need to have some empirical methods to realise projects :)
Thanks lot

Tom

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:58:52 pm »
Turn on full compiler logging and post in their support group.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/reactivision/

Tim S.

C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 01:31:09 pm »
When such a problem occurs, you should ensure that
a) the library you want to link to actually exists on your computer
b) you have added the path to it to the linker's search directories
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."