Author Topic: Building wxWidgets example with static library  (Read 5816 times)

young

Building wxWidgets example with static library
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:12:36 pm »
When I create a wxWidgets project from the built-in template and specify a static library, the app always fails with an error saying it cannot find wxmsw26_gcc_cb.dll. If I resolve the path issue then the app runs... but clearly with the DLL for what is supposed to be a statically linked exe.

It appears that the built-in template does not properly create a statically linked project but one which uses the DLL. (I presume this is a bug in the supplied template?)

How can I build a statically-linked project?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building wxWidgets example with static library
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 03:11:55 pm »
Do you actually have wxWidgets on your computer (i.e. either compiled your own, or from a DevPak)?

From "wxmsw26_gcc_cb.dll", I gather that you used the import library which comes with the SDK (if the template did that, then this may indeed be a bug, unless you have a flawed path setup). This lib links against the custom dll that Code::Blocks uses. This is good for plugin development, but not for "normal" programs.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."