Author Topic: Execution of ... mingw32-make.exe Makefile install failed  (Read 11549 times)

Offline jaymmer

• Single posting newcomer
Execution of ... mingw32-make.exe Makefile install failed
« on: January 08, 2010, 12:27:05 pm »
As a learning project, I thought I'd make a mod for an open-source game AssaultCube. Before actually editing anything, I thought I'd try compiling a normal vanilla client (I downloaded the latest stable source code archive from sourceforge), but when I try to build it I get the following:

Code
Execution of 'cd ../src;mingw32-make.exe -f Makefile install' in 'C:\Users\[MY NAME]\Projects\AssaultCube_v1.0.4-Source\codeblocks' failed.
Nothing to be done.

The source code archive has a Code::Blocks project file in it which I simply opened and then hit "Build". As this isn't actually my project, I'm really not aware of any of the settings or other things... I'll be more than happy to provide any further details if needed, but chances are you'll have to tell me how to find out the info.

EDIT: Thought I would add that it compiles projects that I make myself just fine, I made a mockup Hello World program which works fine. I'm using MinGW under Vista x64.

zabzonk

Re: Execution of ... mingw32-make.exe Makefile install failed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 01:04:51 pm »
It looks like it is running the "install" target, and of course there''s nothing to install. You need to run the "build" (or whatever it's called) target - have  alook inside the makefile. to find its name.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 03:11:57 pm »
The codeblocks-project seems to be a linux-project.
You can not use ";" to concat commands on windows, and the Makefile calls ./configure in a subdirectory, what does not work on windows.

It might work with cygwin, but I really don't know.

I suggest asking the developpers of AssaultCube for support, because this is not a C::B issue.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 03:41:32 pm »
When using the Code::Blocks project file which is available in the SVN repo of that project all is working just fine out of the scratch. Probably you should try that.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jaymmer

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 12:01:58 am »
@zabzonk - thanks, I found the target, but in Build->Select target "install" is the only option (which is currently ticked), is there a way of manually specifying this (since it does exist in the makefile)?

@jens - hmm, that makes sense, I guess that's why the packaged VCPP project files too :). I'll ask around. As for ./configure, do you think MSYS would do the trick? I know very little about MSYS and don't fully understand it but it seems like a piece of software for this situation. Or perhaps I should just install Linux... I really miss Fedora, but I've already set up Vista to my liking on my new laptop and I really don't feel like doing it again for another OS.

@MacFly - hmm, didn't think of that, I might just give it a shot.

Offline autobot

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 09:01:57 am »
Install Virtualbox and install linux into that, set it up like you want and backup the virtual machine. Now you have a vanilla linux development machine to work with, backed up if anything goes wary during compilation/testing of software.

Offline jaymmer

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:11:27 am »
I would, but my processor doesn't have VT... wouldn't it be really slow without it?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50:54 am »
I would, but my processor doesn't have VT... wouldn't it be really slow without it?
No.

Please be careful: This topic gets out of the scope for Code::Blocks.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jaymmer

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 02:41:00 am »
Sweet, thanks man. Oh and I'll try not to derail this any further ;)