Author Topic: C::B keeps switching to full screen console  (Read 5537 times)

TheEmperor

C::B keeps switching to full screen console
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:17:11 am »
Code blocks (under Windows XP, using MinGW) keeps running everything in full screen mode, and it happens a lot: on startup, on loading a project, on compiling, and of course on running a console application.

I imagine in most of these cases code blocks is running some program in the background (i.e. the compiler) and it's output is supposed to be hidden. Unfortunately it's not and my screen keeps getting swiched to a black text screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this. It never did this last week by the way. Maybe it's a windows setting that's wrong, but I can't imagine what.

Thanks for any help.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: C::B keeps switching to full screen console
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:56:28 pm »
Maybe it's a windows setting that's wrong, but I can't imagine what.
Definitely. You can be sure that we wouldn't release such a broken IDE. You are the frist reporting so. I am 100% sure it's a Windows settings you did in th past although I never heard that this is possible at all.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 06:33:57 pm »
Under windows 7, when running sed.exe I am having a similar problem.
I see an cmd window open for about a 2 sec length when sed is redirecting output to  a temp file.

Not, seen the same under Code::Blocks but I am running it as administrator.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:31:03 am »
Code blocks (under Windows XP, using MinGW) keeps running everything in full screen mode, and it happens a lot: on startup, on loading a project, on compiling, and of course on running a console application.

I imagine in most of these cases code blocks is running some program in the background (i.e. the compiler) and it's output is supposed to be hidden. Unfortunately it's not and my screen keeps getting swiched to a black text screen.

Any ideas on how to fix this. It never did this last week by the way. Maybe it's a windows setting that's wrong, but I can't imagine what.

Thanks for any help.

I guess you accidently changed the default-settings of cmd.exe to be displayed in full screen mode.
Change it back to windowed mode and the problem will (most likely) go away.