Author Topic: Code completion not showing members for my installed SDK's  (Read 5478 times)

TheRealJman87

Code completion not showing members for my installed SDK's
« on: December 03, 2009, 06:07:02 am »
Code blocks is not showing members lists for Windows SDK types (like WNDCLASS and POINT) or DirectX SDK types (like ID3D10Device and IDXGISwapChain). Suffice it to say it's not any error with setting up my include/library directories because code completion will show typenames like WNDCLASS and ID3D10Device before I finish typing them (like it's supposed to), it just wont show the members of said classes/structs.
It does show members of classes/structs I, myself create. For example:
Code
struct myStruct
{
   int m_nValue1;
   float m_fValue2;
};

myStruct::   <-- this displays a member list OK

ID3D10Device::     <-- no member list at all

It's very frustrating not having code completion. I recently switched from Visual C++ 2008 Express to Code::Blocks because IntelliSense (VS's equivalent of Code Completion and "SmartSense") is full of bugs and stopped working on me completely.

I'm using Code::Blocks version 8.02 (installed from binary release) on a Windows 7 RC x64 PC. I have the Windows Platform SDK and the DirectX SDK Nov. 08 SDK installed. I have already closed and reopened Code::Blocks and recreated my project several times, and still the problem persists.

I have the Code Completion settings set to enable code-completion and SmartSense. Auto-launch when 4 letters are typed. Keyword sets to additionally include is set to 1 and 2, delay of auto-kick-in is set to 0ms. All options under C/C++ parser settings are checked.

I realize a lot of questions regarding code-completion dont get answered, but I feel like I have provided enough information for SOMEONE to have an opinion about this.

Offline blueshake

• Regular
Re: Code completion not showing members for my installed SDK's
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:38:50 am »
try nightly build,please.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?

TheRealJman87

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 08:36:13 am »
Thanks, the latest nightly build's Code Completion works a lot better. None of the classes or structs associated with DirectX work with code completion, though. The core interfaces don't show member lists, and the D3DX structs just show the typename in the member list (for instance, D3DXMATRIX just shows D3DXMATRIX in the member list).

But that's really Microsoft's fault for making the DirectX SDK C++ code so unnecessarily complicated.

Offline blueshake

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 10:34:37 am »
macro and template don't work well,but be patient.people are trying.
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?