Author Topic: [Solved] Error when compiling a GTK+ program  (Read 4026 times)

tosca

[Solved] Error when compiling a GTK+ program
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:47:30 pm »
Hi,

I'm running CodeBlocks wx2.8.10 svn 5857 with Ubuntu Jaunty, trying to learn GTK+ from a french tutorial.

I had no problem compiling a first example program, so I guess the compiler set up is OK.
But I get a compilor error in the second example : "g_signal_connect undeclared" and I have no idea what to do in order to solve the problem  :(

Thank for helping.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:06:21 am by tosca »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Error when compiling a GTK+ program
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 02:03:09 am »
Hi,

I'm running CodeBlocks wx2.8.10 svn 5857 with Ubuntu Jaunty, trying to learn GTK+ from a french tutorial.

I had no problem compiling a first example program, so I guess the compiler set up is OK.
But I get a compilor error in the second example : "g_signal_connect undeclared" and I have no idea what to do in order to solve the problem  :(

Thank for helping.

Learn how to program and how/which headers are needed/used in GTK.

The "xyz" "undeclared"  means you are missing the correct header in which "xyz" is declared.

Note: This is NOT a beginning programing site.
I suggest turning on "Full Compiler Logging" while you are learning to program; it will help which ever group supports GTK programming help you.

"Full Compiler Logging" directions in link

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_an_compiler_problem.3F

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

tosca

Re: Error when compiling a GTK+ program
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:04:35 am »
Actually, I am try to learn ...
There seems to be no obvious reason fo the problem: I just had to make a fresh copy/paste from the tutorial to make it work; maybe some extra non-displayed character somewhere?