Author Topic: Dev-c++ devpack updater/installer problem  (Read 6234 times)

rifter

Dev-c++ devpack updater/installer problem
« on: October 22, 2005, 06:04:46 am »
Ok, whenever I try to use the dev-c++ updater, it won't let me use the devpacks.org server, only the dev-c++ primary devpack server.  If I switch to the second one, it simply loads the primary devpack server again, but keeps the menu item at the devpacks.org community server.  Is there anything I can do to make it work, or is it something serverside? I have installed 2 codeblocks installations one on top of the other(the one with mingw first then the one I believe it said to be the updated version on top of it), and have two installations of mingw in two different locations(for reasons of comparison between IDEs).  I don't think that these events should have affected it, but there they are anyways.  Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Dev-c++ devpack updater/installer problem
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:26:47 am »
It was a bug which has been fixed in CVS. Please wait for RC2. It's coming...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline stbradley

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 01:18:20 am »
Hi Everyone:

The Dev-C++ updater is working for me, both the devpaks.org Community Devpaks and the Dev-C++ primary devpack server. 

What version of Dev-C++ are you using?  The most recent version of Dev-C++ is 4.9.9.2, some of the older version of Dev-C++ had problems with the updater, so if you are using a version other then 4.9.9.2 then you should download the newer version.  Be sure to follow the uninstall instuctions completely. 

Why are you posting a question about Dev-C++ on the C::B forum?  If you have problems go to the Dev-C++ forum where I or someone else will be glad to help you out.

See Ya
Butch

rifter

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 01:41:37 am »
Sorry for the confusion, the plug-in that works towards use of devpacks from the servers, quoted from the menu of the most recent version of codeblocks, is called "Dev-c++ devpack updater/installer". 

Unrelated note:  I do note however, that 4.9.9.2 works fine for downloading devpacks from both sources, but that, of course, is unrelated.Argh! Redundancy!
Oh yes, thank you very much for the answer, Mandrav.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:11:58 am by rifter »

takeshimiya

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 03:54:59 pm »
I'm using latest version from CVS and the plugin works fine in both servers .