Author Topic: Code Completion feedback from Dr.Optix  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Dr.Optix

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • I'm studying OS Developing.
    • DrOptix Blog
Code Completion feedback from Dr.Optix
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:05:01 pm »
Right now I'm working to a GUI framework (as I mentioned in another thread, but to lazy to search for it and paste a link here ^_^)

The screen shots may not show my real project but just a little test of writing my code so the binary to be distributed as DLL

So while I was writing my classes, structures etc I found that the Code Completion works ok. Here are some screen shots who show that it handle ok namespaces, structs variables etc. Some screenshots may contain comments.

If I find other bugs, things that works good I will let you know here. I will do this feedback because I found out that I don't understand the way C::B and/or Code Completion is written so I can't participate with coding so i try to participate in another way. Also the code you see is not finished and may contain bugs that i already fixed so do not Lol ^_^

Here are the screenshots: http://img12.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=typedefstructworksokfor.png

~Dr.Optix

PS: I really try to do what I can to help C::B become better

EDIT:

on this screen i've seen that i don't even included the right header and it find what it is in the correct header(is this because you keep the info about classes, vars etc in memory? and don't use a DB architecture? Maybe some refresh parsing of the whole workspace is good once in 5 mins or something)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:38:47 pm by Dr.Optix »
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly / CodeLite Latest Stable
Compiler: TDM's GCC/mingw32
Blog: DrOptix.WordPress.Com

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Code Completion feedback from Dr.Optix
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:47:31 am »
on this screen i've seen that i don't even included the right header and it find what it is in the correct header

That's because all the tokens were stored in a global DB not one DB per project.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.