Author Topic: Feature request....  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Brane2

• Multiple posting newcomer
Feature request....
« on: May 08, 2009, 03:13:23 am »
I am using C::B for some time now on Linux and I find it to be great tool for writing the code as well as for learning through reading the source code from other projects.

I have opened linux kernel sources and have troubles with using search for function and variable definitions.

I can rightclick for example on "writeb" function call in some file and select "find declaration" in menu, but with such common funstion name I get many definitions and no way of telling them apart.

Is it possible to have some information about the source file and directory where definition is, maybe in the form of the extra column or maybe in some kind of mouse-over baloon or something like that ?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Feature request....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 04:31:42 am »
I am using C::B for some time now on Linux and I find it to be great tool for writing the code as well as for learning through reading the source code from other projects.

I have opened linux kernel sources and have troubles with using search for function and variable definitions.

I can rightclick for example on "writeb" function call in some file and select "find declaration" in menu, but with such common funstion name I get many definitions and no way of telling them apart.

Is it possible to have some information about the source file and directory where definition is, maybe in the form of the extra column or maybe in some kind of mouse-over baloon or something like that ?

Several typos :D.

I second this request!

An extra column is OK or a mouse-over balloon.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.