Author Topic: Ubuntu Nightly Build  (Read 6620 times)

Offline chewanater

• Single posting newcomer
Ubuntu Nightly Build
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:43 pm »
I want to use the Allegro devpak, and it seems that it's only available in the nightly build.  Is there somewhere where I can get the nightly build binaries for Ubuntu?

If there isn't, is there somewhere to get the devpak importer plugin to use with the stable version?

If there isn't, is there somewhere where I can get Allegro for codeblocks?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Ubuntu Nightly Build
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 11:46:24 pm »
Don't know about that devpak, but apt-get install codeblocks will install a nightly build. It is wrongly labelled 8.02, but it's still a nightly build from about 2 weeks ago, don't know why.

I think that you should be able to trivially install allegro-dev via apt-get too, no need for any devpaks.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline chewanater

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 01:51:09 am »
I have it installed and I got Allegro installed, but when I try to use Allegro functions it says "undeclared', and opens the allegro header file. I can put "#include<allegro.h>" at the beginning and it still compiles. I tried going to project properties> libraries, but I couldn't find allegro.  What should I do?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:55:06 am by chewanater »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 10:23:56 am »
I have it installed and I got Allegro installed, but when I try to use Allegro functions it says "undeclared', and opens the allegro header file. I can put "#include<allegro.h>" at the beginning and it still compiles. I tried going to project properties> libraries, but I couldn't find allegro.  What should I do?

Add it !

Offline chewanater

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:58:29 am »

Add it !

Add what?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 10:45:31 am »

Add it !

Add what?

The allegro-library.
Find out where it is installed, and if the install-directory is not in the standard (linker-)search-path ("/usr/lib") add the folder to the Linkers search directories (in your projects build options).
Add the library to the library list in your projects linker settings, normally it should be enough to add it without the "lib"-prefix and the ending (either "so" or "a").
I do not ave allegro installed, but on debian (and therefore on ubuntu, too) its most likely "liballeg.[so|a]", so adding "alleg" should be enough to link against the library.

Offline chewanater

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:27:28 pm »
Yah it works now!  :D